Palazzo Versace Hotel Dubai
In a spectacular waterfront setting, every aspect of architecture, ambience, furnishings and ornamentation reflects a level of opulence once confined to the grand hotels of Europe. Richly decorated spaces proclaim the transcendence of Italian design. Singular touches include peerless marbles and mosaics and vaulted ceilings hand-detailed in gold.
A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. The hotel stimulates with fabulous restaurants, a “Water Salon” around a stunning lagoon-style pool, a state of the art gymnasium, a sensual world class day spa and opulent meeting and conference facilities. A sensory experience – defined by the brand – fashion, and glamour delivered with the distinctive look, the flavour, the scent, the sound and the touch embodied by the vision, eminence and spirit of the house of the Versace lifestyle.
The fashion branded hotel expresses the exuberance of the Versace soul. Palazzo Versace is a jewel for the world to enjoy.
The incumbent in this position is responsible to assist the Restaurant Manager in managing the outlet as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest & employee satisfaction in consistency with Palazzo Versace Hotel Standards, through planning, organizing, directing, training and controlling the Food & Beverage operation and administration.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager will provide a friendly, efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards
- Assists in developing, planning, and ensuring the implementation of service standards in the restaurant.
- Maintains complete knowledge of the features, services, rates and promotions at the restaurant and at the hotel.
- Conducts effective communication meetings in absence of the Restaurant Manager with all restaurant team as well as other F&B Team.
- Ensure table set-ups are always up to hotel standards
- Has complete knowledge and effectively implements sequence of service
- Resolves conflicts or issues in the restaurant.
- Responds promptly to guest concerns.
- Meets VIP guests
- Recognizes employees’ feedback on operations and any factors affecting their roles.
- Assists Restaurant Manager in preparing periodic budgets, forecasts and capital expenditures for the restaurant.
- Analyses the restaurant revenues trends and reservations projections and take corrective measures whenever necessary.
- Actively participates in the HR related matters of the department, recruitment, appearance, appraisal, training and development, succession plans and disciplinary procedures.
- Maintains the highest standard of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards clients and colleagues.
- Develops strong, productive, professional relationships with internal and external guests.
- Maintains per level of equipment and supplies.
- Carries daily outlet inspections and set up periodic control measures
- Drives the implementation of HACCP standards in the restaurant and take corrective actions for non conformities.
- Hands on the trainings of standards and systems
- Establish proper feedback and reporting lines with Hierarchy within and outside own department
- Has knowledge of menu engineering management and Food & beverage cost control
- Progressive experience of 3 years’ experience in Food and Beverage in a multi cultural 5 star luxury, high end work environment, preferably two years at a similar position.
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage products, menus and standards of service.
- Excellent English language skills. Arabic is desirable. Additional foreign language French, Italian, German is an advantage
- Ability to acknowledge and respond to guest feedback adequately.
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guests and hotel
- Planning and implementation skills.
- Public Relations skills
- Strong communication skills
- Pre-opening experience will be an advantage.