Pastry Chef wanted in Dubai UAE – St Regis Dubai
Middle East > United Arab Emirates – UAE
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1,103 properties in nearly 100 countries and 154,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis(R), The Luxury Collection(R), W(R), Westin(R), Le Meridien(R), Sheraton(R), Four Points(R) by Sheraton, Aloft(R), and ElementSM. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
The St. Regis Dubai
Offering a new standard of luxury in Dubai, The St. Regis Dubai will feature 235 luxuriously-appointed guest rooms, including 49 elegant suites. The 5-storey hotel will also offer extensive state-of-the-art meeting and event space as well as a wide range of luxury experiences with eight distinctive culinary, lounge and bar venues, a signature spa, swimming pool, a state-of-the-art fitness centre and an elegant ballroom. The St. Regis Dubai will feature multiple gardens including a Musical Garden with mosaic musical notes leading to the centrepiece: a musical fountain. The hotel will also feature a Reception Garden, a Promenade Garden and a Sculpture Garden, all offering space for outdoor functions. Complementing the hotels bespoke services, the grounds of The St. Regis Dubai will include a private helipad to cater to its VIP visitors.
Effectively monitor the daily operations of the respective pastry outlet, including provide support and guidance to fellow outlet Pastry Chef, Pastry Sous Chef and Pastry Junior Sous Chef to ensure success and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.
• Ability to create recipes and support material, ie, recipe cards, descriptions, and pictures, and to read and visualize same.
• Ability to do food complete food inventory for food ordering through Adaco.
• To be fully aware of all menu item, their recipes, method of production and presentation standards.
• Carry out close liaison with all section of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service.
• Assume duties of Pastry Sous Chef or Pastry Junior Sous Chef in his/her absence.
• Demonstrate initiative at all times.
• Lead and support the junior members of the team.
• Strong desire to improve on skills and knowledge
• Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline.
• Seek own solutions to the minor obstacles that occur from time to time.
• To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all the times.
• Daily data collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
• Review the daily production sheets with Junior Sous chef or Sous Chef when the first is not present.
• Prepares, and when required, delegates the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely & efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guests service
• Actively participates in training of culinary skill to junior talent and apprentices
• Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
• Keeps work station clean and organized including, but no limited to, fridges, freezers, counter tops and stove tops.
• Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard.
• Keep over-production and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labelling and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses
• Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct them with safety in mind at all the times.
• Ensures that all the food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government food safety guidelines.
• Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef de partie or sous chef in a timely fashion.
• Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program .
• Adhere to all environment policies and programs as required.
• Other reasonable duties as required.
• Make sure to log all information in the kitchen log book.
• Briefing with talent on new happenings and follow up.
• Monitor delivery and delegate to arrange accordingly.
• Cleaning schedule to follow.
• Always assist in line check.
• Kitchen log book to be filled out.
• Run the section with great confident
• Sense of urgency
• Efficient distribution of task to below level.
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the kitchen team.
• Strong communication with the Sous Chef and Junior Sous Chef of the section
• Key relationship with the Chef de Cusine, Sous Chef and Junior Sous Chef.
• Stock rotation, FIFO with proper date labelling as per local municipality regulations.
• Vegetables, dried goods and other food related items to be stored properly
• Post graduate and/ or Hotel Management School and/ or completed Apprenticeship with Diploma.
Experience • Minimum of 2 years in a similar position in a high volume internationally recognized luxury hotel chain or food and beverage establishment.
e-mail Human Management