The Executive Sous Chef’s primary responsibility is the management of an assigned galley for Norwegian Cruise Line, to ensure that the line’s high standards are achieved and maintained within budgetary limitations. Is seen as an inspirational role model by his/her employees. Is a top professional in the field with a passion for the Culinary arts.
This includes all practices, procedures, training and guest satisfaction levels. A procedural approach to managing the entire onboard galley department must be employed, utilizing modern management principles as well as incorporating technological innovations where practical in order to deliver top quality guest service.
– BA/BS 2-3 year Culinary degree or foreign equivalency
– Certificate of completion from a recognized culinary institution
– Advanced Certification in Sanitation and Public Health
– Minimum of three years experience as an Executive Chef in a medium size (250+ rooms) or five years experience as Executive Sous Chef in a large size (600+ rooms) cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel or resort.
– Excellent cooking and demonstration skills
– Solid progression through the culinary ranks
– Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation
– Experience with high volume, 3 meal restaurants
– Experience with high volume banquet operations and presentations
– Experience with modern buffet operations to include set-up and action stations.
– Has a good understanding of pastry/bakery operations
– Has a good understanding of butcher operations (specification guidelines for meat, fish, seafood, and poultry)
– Experience implementing new food concepts and menus
– Demonstrated knowledge of beverage products and the ability to pair wines with cuisine
– Track record of successfully managing food cost and inventory control
– Establish and maintain proper inventories
– Good computer skills to include spreadsheets, word processing and e-mail
– Working knowledge of inventory management systems
– Excellent knowledge of USPH/FDA regulations
Please, send a resume with a recent photo to:
Norwegian Cruise Line – NCL
7665 Corporate Center Drive
Miami, FL, USA